This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: automatically using pipe_byte for certain EXE's
- From: Adam Dinwoodie <Adam dot Dinwoodie at metaswitch dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 18:23:25 +0000
- Subject: RE: automatically using pipe_byte for certain EXE's
- Deferred-delivery: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 18:23:00 +0000
- References: <5011587F.email@example.com>
Noel Grandin wrote:
>Is there any way to trigger the pipe_byte option for certain executables?
>I'm trying to avoid having to dig around inside the hugely complex-
>LibreOffice build scripts.
I'm not sure I follow what you're after. You want Cygwin to recognize when it's
setting up a pipe involving a specific executable, and to set that up as if it
were using byte pipes rather than message pipes?
I would imagine that would be difficult-to-impossible, for the same reason as
trying to work out whether an executable links into cygwin1.dll. See cgf's
explanation here: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-05/msg00192.html
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple