Re: Visual C# 2010 console applications do not start from xterm any longer

On 8/8/2012 6:03 AM, Sergei Vorobyov wrote:
Previously I could easily start any VS 2010 console applications from
xterm (under MS Windows XP and Windows 7), as good as from command.exe

Today I discovered that I cannot do it any longer on two Windows 7
machines (one Win 7 with an older cygwin still works). Even

static void Main(string[] args) {
             Console.WriteLine("Hello, World!");
             Console.ReadLine();
}

fails to start blocking xterm; ctrl-C does not help; xterm can only be killed.

This happened overnight: I clearly remember I could run console
applications from xterm on all my computers.

Perhaps this thread describes your situation and provides a solution?

<http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2012-05/msg00192.html>

-- Larry