Re: imagemagick errors under cygwin on 64-bit Win 7 system

On 8/14/2012 7:44 PM, Paul Thompson wrote:
There's autorebase, which is called from setup, but the method is not
entirely foolproof.  If you installed exactly once and then don't start
setup again unless new packages are available, you're ok, but if you
start setup a couple of times to install more packages you forgot in
the first run, then autorebase won't be triggered and the DLLs installed
in the subsequent setup runs won't be rebased.  A manual rebaseall
will fix that.

And that is exactly what I did - I ran setup several times to add stuff.

I will do the manual rebaseall

Paul, it is not a rebase error. It is ImageMagick mishandling the missing font.

GraphickMagick equivalent is correctly handling the case and the
error message is more clear.

$ gm montage -label "D Brausch Wedding,1951" zimg002.miff -font Arial -pointsize 20 -frame 40 -geometry +0+0 zimg002.png
gm montage: Unable to read font (arial.ttf) [No such file or directory].

The workaround for both "montage" and "gm montage" is to copy arial.ttf
in the current directory
something like
"cp /cygdrive/c/Windows/Fonts/arial.ttf ."

ImageMagick is also able to use the TTF font if installed in the X
directory  /usr/share/fonts/TTF and montage is run inside xterm
instead of mintty.
GM is not handling such case, but I have no time to investigate.

Regards
Marco