Re: Options for getting mandatory locking in cygwin1.dll (was: Promote sqlite 3.7.13-1 from test status?)

On Aug 31 10:59, Terris Linenbach wrote:
> Here is a scenario that involves Cygwin Perl only.
>
> I have a need for multiple Cygwin instances on the same box mainly due
> to DLL bases and CPAN modules. I've already read through the endless
> threads about both topics so there's no need to mention them. I have
> good reasons to do what I'm doing.
>
> Advisory locks don't work across cygwin instances. This is reasonable
> but unexpected.

This won't change.  Ever.  Advisory locks rely on the Cygwin DLL
holding handles to certain objects within the native NT namespace
depending on the Cygwin installation.  You cannot have both, using
two independent Cygwin DLL installations working concurrently, and
sharing of internal resources.

Corinna

Red Hat