Re: Compilation issue after upgrading cygwin from 1.7.9 to 1.7.16

On 9/4/2012 4:42 PM, Caporossi Jérôme wrote:
Hi,

I've got a compilation issue after upgrading Cygwin.
I am working with Metaware IDE, calling a dedicated compiler/linker called mcc.

All the makefiles are generated by Metaware and the compilation is launched through gmake.

Should you ask Synopsis ? mcc is not discussed here.

In the makefile, mcc arguments is quite long (the mcc line is up to 10036 characters). Then when launching the compilation, the following error is raised:

(C:\ARC\MetaWare\arc\bin\mcc:) No files specified.

It is like if the mcc cmd was too long and is truncated before the source file to be specified.

make a copy of the two outputs with something like "make |& tee make.log" and than compare.

This issue is only seen with Cygwin 1.7.16, everything is fine with Cygwin 1.7.9.

  Kind regards,
Jerome

I doubt an upgrade from 1.7.9 to 1.7.16 changes only the cygwin dll. A lot of other packages have been updated in the meantime.

Regards
Marco