Re: gnome and hicolor exit code 127 for /usr/bin .vs. /bin

On 9/29/2012 9:42 PM, Brian Wilson wrote:

I have been doing setup updates for a few weeks with the error as shown in the following paragraph.

Package: Unknown package
	gnome-icon-theme.sh exit code 127
	hicolor-icon-theme.sh exit code 127

snip <<<

About the 127 issue

$ cd /etc/postinstall
$ . ./gnome-icon-theme.sh
gtk-update-icon-cache: Cache file created successfully.

$ echo $?
0

If it works, than you can

$ mv gnome-icon-theme.sh gnome-icon-theme.sh.done

 however the setup installation still fails.  Whether or not I can manually execute a work around wasn't my point.  The
gnome-icon-theme.sh and hicolor-icon-theme.sh installation scripts don't work as written and this should be corrected.

Hi Brian the scripts are not incorrect. They works for almost everyone, but there is a unknown glitch on you machine, eventually it is only a "false" return error that fools setup.exe. My advise is an alternative way to run them and overcome the glitch, flag the scripts as done and allow you to go on.

Regards
Marco