Re: latex no longer works after update

On 10/11/2012 4:34 AM, Josef Wolf wrote:
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 09:02:57AM -0600, Warren Young wrote:
You can probably simplify your fstab like so:

     D:/cygwin/bin /usr/bin ntfs binary 0 0
     D:/cygwin/lib /usr/lib ntfs binary 0 0
     none / cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0

The last line automatically gets rid of the "/cygdrive" path part,
so all drive letters appear at the root of the Cygwin path tree.

I'm not sure I understand this. Should I remove all my fstab entries and replace with the three lines shown above? Will I still be able to access the drives with /c/foo/bar?

I was suggesting my fstab as a complete replacement for yours.

Obviously I cannot be certain it's a complete replacement, since I'm going off of cygcheck's interpretation of the mount table, not a copy of your actual fstab file.

That said, a roached Cygwin fstab file is much easier to recover from than, say, one on a Linux box. You should feel free to experiment.

Furthermore: your example has this line:

none / cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0

while the original template had this line:

none /cygdrive cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0

Which one is the correct one?

Replacing your line with mine also effectively replaces all the per-drive mounts you have.

And I can't help but ask:
USER = 'dasbinich'

Nope. I just tried to hide some private information ;-)

Ah. I thought it might have been evidence of a BOFH $deity complex. :)