Re: Problem with HTTPS in LWP module in Perl

Yes, seems so, same here with links.
But I don't think this is about missing certificates.
On Ubuntu it works fine for me and with another server
(https://www.kautler.net) where only an expired self-signed certifcate
is present, it says that the "Certificate verify failed" if
PERL_LWP_SSL_VERIFY_HOSTNAME is on or goes on if it is switched off.
Also the certificate is transmitted after the server hello, so it is
"client hello from client to server -> server hello from server to
client -> certificate and other stuff from server to client" but the
timeout happens before the certificates are transmitted during waiting
for the server hello.

The interesting thing is that it works with curl but fails with
lwp-request and links.