Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: sqlite3-3.7.13-1

Warren Young writes:
> On 11/20/2012 05:51, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>> On Mon, 2012-08-13 at 10:12 -0600, Warren Young wrote:
>>> This is a *test* version which reverts the patch added to 3.7.12.1-1,
>>> which caused problems with Subversion as a side effect, particularly in
>>> systems using non-Cygwin programs with their svn checkout trees.
>>
>> And in so doing, removed several APIs which were added in 3.7.12.1,
>> breaking other packages which used them once they were made available.
>> Compatibility with Windows shouldn't come before backwards compatibility
>> for Cygwin packages.
>
> Okay, that makes a second vote for principle in four months.  (The
> other being Corinna's.)  Add to that the original Achim Gratz vote for
> "Unix mode," which carries more weight since it was accompanied by an
> actual example of problems.

FWIW, I think Yaakov is more immediately concerned about the additional
API:

 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA\
 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_FTS3 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_FTS_PARENTHESIS\
 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_FTS4

some of which you've been removing together with the reversion to the
use of the Windows API, maybe even inadvertently.

> As far as I'm concerned, Cygwin SQLite will remain built in Cygwin
> mode until Cygwin has a way to conditionally request mandatory locks,
> so that we may have our cake and eat it, too.

Right.  I've not been able to spend much time on it and the windows code
is structured differently enough so it's hard to compare, but if the
database gets locked from a windows application the POSIX API runs into
some sort of timeout that SQLite interprets as a non-recoverable disk
error.  Either there should be another (POSIX) API that recognizes the
lock or when the particular error happens it should be checked if the
file is locked â maybe with a windows API, but certainly conditionally
just for Cygwin.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: