RE: Where can I find the official cygwin openssh documentation?

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> We have no plans to put package documentation on the web site.

Is this something that would change if someone were to volunteer to
curate and maintain the documentation?  I'm not volunteering, at least
until I've a better idea of the commitment involved, but is this a case
of "we don't want that documentation on the website" or simply SHTDI?

> However, if you type "cygwin openssh documentation" into google then
> the first official-looking hit is to the Cygwin FAQ which points you
> to /usr/share/doc/Cygwin.

Remember that Google is "helpful" and returns results it thinks *you*
will find useful based on Google's profile of you; the results you get
may be different to the results anyone else gets.

If I suppress my cookies, my top results for that search are mailing
list posts from 2003 and 2005 (the older of which references
/usr/doc/Cygwin/openssh-3.6.1p1-2.README, which no longer exists), the
Cygwin home page (not much use), then a whole bunch of unofficial
how-tos.  I don't find the Cygwin FAQ until half-way down the second
page of results; if I wasn't looking for it explicitly, I'd personally
have given up long before then to play around with the unofficial
how-tos.