Re: IIS on Windows 7 vs. Cygwin file permissions

Greetings, Henry S. Thompson!

>> HST wrote:
>>>  . . . [IIS and file access]
>>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> Only one: If you intend to mix Cygwin tools with native Windows environment,
>> let Windows handle filesystem permissions.
>> Or you will never stop running into these issues over and over again.

> Fair point.  There was a time when Apache didn't run well under
> Cygwin, and I got used to using IIS, but maybe it's time to
> change. . .

I'd suggest native Apache. It runs better, than Cygwin Apache, even though it
slightly differs in available modules. And undoubtedly better, than IIS.
On another hand, you'll have access to modules such as mod_auth_ntlm.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...