Re: sqlite3-3.7.15.1-1 packages to test

On 20/01/13 10:45, Achim Gratz wrote:
David Stacey writes:
>I've done some more testing, but with little success. I ran the
>Subversion built-in tests on sqlite3-3.7.15-1 without Warren's patch,
>and again on sqlite3-3.7.13-1 with the new patch applied. In both
>cases, the Subversion tests plodded along nicely and then froze after
>about 10 hours.
Is it still freezing in FS_TYPE=bdb?  If so, shouldn't you be worried
about BerkeleyDB rather than SQlite?  I remember subversion being picky
about the exact version of BerkeleyDB being used and me having to
install a different one than I already had (but that's been a 1.6
version IIRC so things might have progressed).  And yes, these tests
take far too long.

Thank you for your reply, Achim. Yes, the freeze happens when FS_TYPE=bdb. So if we're not concerned with this configuration (for the purposes of this thread at least), then I can change Subversion's cygport file so that we only test FS_TYPE=fsfs. This will have the happy side-effect of halving the amount of time taken to run the tests :-)

If you agree that this sounds sensible then I'll run the tests again with that change to the cygport file.

Cheers,

Dave.