Re: evince pdf viewer

On 3/16/2013 8:20 AM, wynfield@gmail.com wrote:

I wanted to try the file view 'evince', so downloaed it from cygport. Installed it. Ran it and got the error message that, cyggtk-3-0.dll was missing

I installed gtk-3+ something and ran it again and got the error message:t
   /usr/bin/evince.exe: error while loading shared libraries: cygevview3-3.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

so cygevview3-3.dll is missing.

I don't know where to find this. (I believe these two files should be put as a requirement in the setup.ini file which comes with it.)

If any of you have tried evince and found soloutions to this please let me know.

Wrong mailing list. From the Cygwin Ports web page:

There are two lists, cygwin-ports-general for discussion, and cygwin-ports-announce for new package announcements. Please, do NOT send messages about Cygwin Ports to the cygwin.com lists!

Ken