This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: X11 library package
- From: Sonya Blade <sonyablade2010 at hotmail dot com>
- To: "moss at cs dot umass dot edu" <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 13:16:40 +0100
- Subject: RE: X11 library package
- References: <DUB119-W221DA61519881A4FF5031AC8DF0 at phx dot gbl>,<515AC496 dot 70108 at cs dot umass dot edu>
> Dear Sonya -- Many cygwin packages are split into what
> you need to *run* programs with the package, and what
> you need in order to *build* programs to use the
> package. That is, there can be TWO packages in the cygwin
> sense of package. The one(s) you need for building
> conventionally have names that end in -devel. My guess
> is that you need to install some of the -devel packages
> related to X11.
> Regards -- Eliot Moss
Thank you Eliot,
In order to not miss any chance, I install everything related to the X11
in cygwin setup. I'm just waiting the installation to complete.
What do you think about the MPI complaints that the compiler produces?
Is it also related to the incomplete cygwin installation or something else ?