This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: But it is cygwin related.
- From: Eliot Moss <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 14:40:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: But it is cygwin related.
- References: <20130404170527 dot 3708 at binki> <20130404085538 dot GE25170 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <515D78B1 dot 60209 at farance dot com> <CA+sc5mmQ9rJ85rvDbMTvp_+vCx6CQPava5N3-8yxd9soh6zxQg at mail dot gmail dot com> <515DA044 dot 6070706 at farance dot com> <op dot wu04ladynxtvbs at localhost dot localdomain>
- Reply-to: moss at cs dot umass dot edu
It occurred to me to mention to the OP that the
mingw package (minimal Gnu for Windows is what I think
it stands for) is a lighter weight version of the gcc
stuff for Windows. It does not try to "fake" a Linux
environment to the extent that cygwin does, so it is
simpler and smaller, as I understand it. (I am less
familiar with mingw than with cygwin.) Still, there
may be something there more suited to your needs.
Regards -- Eliot Moss
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple