This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
starting cygwin shell
- From: Gene <gene_golub at hotmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 07:42:57 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: starting cygwin shell
I am new to cygwin.
I am trying to create a .bat file so I can start cygwin from w7 windows menu.
I am looking for next:
1. new shell is created with next prompts:
2. Backspace and arrow keys can move cursor to beginning.
At the default installation, I can only get this type of shell if I run 2 steps:
2. and in new shell I run: start bash.
I am running below code and shell dissapear.
I could catch the message before it happens. Do you know what seems to be a
for k in `ls`
print "here is $k"
save: fork_level=1 SetHandleInformation() failed: fd 0 handle 0x3 type 2: Th
e parameter is incorrect.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple