This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: starting cygwin shell
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 21:25:46 +0100
- Subject: Re: starting cygwin shell
- References: <loom dot 20130407T091557-947 at post dot gmane dot org> <5161421A dot 6080208 at towo dot net> <loom dot 20130407T201031-589 at post dot gmane dot org> <20130407185032 dot GA3273 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
On 07/04/2013 19:50, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 07, 2013 at 06:16:17PM +0000, Gene wrote:
>> save: fork_level=1 SetHandleInformation() failed: fd 0 handle 0x3 type
>> 2: Th e parameter is incorrect.
> That error message doesn't seem to be coming from Cygwin. I have
> grepped the Cygwin DLL and *sh* and don't see it anywhere.
> Are you possibly using other binaries besides Cygwin ones?
A quick google suggests it comes from MKS. Trying to mix Cygwin tools and
MKS ones at the same time won't generally work well, and is probably the cause
of the shell problems too - MKS apparently is known to have problems under Win7.
Gene, try removing MKS from your PATH setting.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple