This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: BASH and MAN failure
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 13:05:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: BASH and MAN failure
- References: <919686607 dot 274544 dot 1365435897422 dot JavaMail dot gess at webmail-06 dot datacenter dot cha dot cantv dot net> <5162E7FD dot 7060704 at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 11:53:33AM -0400, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>On 4/8/2013 11:44 AM, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
>> Suddenly "bash --login" started giving the follwin message:
>> $ bash --login
>> 1 [main] bash 4084 C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** fatal error - prefork: couldn't create pipe process trackerWin32 error 161
>> Appart from that I do not see anything unusual.
>Have you looked at this FAQ?
Actually, in this case, Error 161 is ERROR_BAD_PATHNAME. If the OP
is getting that from an attempt to create a pipe then something
is messed up on their system. Most likely it's BLODA:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple