This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: /dev/sdb permission denied
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 13:07:48 -0400
- Subject: Re: /dev/sdb permission denied
- References: <loom dot 20130408T175158-592 at post dot gmane dot org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 4/8/2013 12:04 PM, andrei wrote:
Running version 1.7.17-1
Trying to $ dd if=/dev/sdb of=/dev/null count=10 - compact flash card in the
PC CF card reader.
Running above command displays: dd: opening `/dev/sdb': Permission denied
Searched for solutions, but could not find anything to solve. Also tried
running cygwin as administrator but still the same problem.
Do I have to mount the /dev/sdb or it is not required in later versions
No, you don't. Have you seen this FAQ entry?
What's the result of 'ls /dev/sd*'?
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple