This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: /dev/sdb permission denied
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: andrei <andrei at unpure dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 16:04:05 +0400
- Subject: Re: /dev/sdb permission denied
- References: <loom dot 20130408T175158-592 at post dot gmane dot org> <5162F964 dot 3090306 at cygwin dot com> <loom dot 20130409T123242-737 at post dot gmane dot org>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
> result of 'ls /dev/sd*':
> I should have /dev/shm and /dev/mqueue and possibly other directories in the
> /dev directory?
If you list files matching /dev/sd* pattern, you're unlikely to see anything
other, than what you're looking for.
I hope, that was a simple oversight on your part, and you'll find what you
> $ cat /proc/partitions
> major minor #blocks name
> 8 0 312571224 sda
> 8 1 301684603 sda1
> 8 2 10884037 sda2
> 8 16 1000944 sdb
> 8 32 0 sdc
> 8 48 0 sdd
> 8 64 0 sde
> the above shows the 1gig CF card is detected and has 'sdb' assingend to it.
> so it looks like the problem is that I'm missing /dev/shm and /dev/mqueue -
> is this correct? what can be done to solve
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 09.04.2013, <16:01>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple