This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: FIXED: GCC can't find its header directoriescy
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 11:58:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: FIXED: GCC can't find its header directoriescy
- References: <FF69919A71D5744E85EFB23F2761448B132609 at svrmintecexch dot mintecsys dot local> <CAEhDDbBquP=3XU9N3GTyz+OAh+KSaxLkL975kqsd3XQvn5X7zg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Apr 11 09:49, Csaba Raduly wrote:
> Hi Duncan,
> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 8:08 AM, Duncan Roe wrote:
> > Thanks Dave - removing the old cygwin dlls from C:\WINDOWS fixed gcc &
> > alternatives.
> > I put them there because I like to have the odd cygwin utility available
> > to CMD.EXE.
> > May put them back - but will take more care with them in future,
> Adding c:\cygwn\bin to the Windows PATH might be a better solution;
> that's what I did.
And, just for kicks, moving the Cygwin DLL does not work as expected.
The files under /etc are searched relative to the path of the Cygwin
DLL, which is supposed to be in /bin. If it's not there, it will search
the etc files in ..\\etc from it's new position. Confusion ensues.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple