Re: Cron Service Cannot Start: System error 1069 has occurred.

On 4/10/2013 4:47 AM, Jun Iriola wrote:
Hi,

I would like to seek your help on how to execute again the cron in my
pc.   I've manage to configure and run the cron last week by reading the step by
step procedure and also by running cygwin as an Administrator.

That's not what your cygcheck output reports.  It says cron is running under
'cyg_server', which is the proper default.  Also, you mention "reading the
step by step procedure".  If that wasn't
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cron-*.README, your method may very well be
unsupported by this list.  I would recommend starting over with the README
file and cron-config.

Then last
weekend, I shutdown my desktop. Unfortunately, when I went to work today, I
cannot manage to start the cron and this message appeared: "System error
1069 has occurred.". I manage though to start the sshd service.

  $ net helpmsg 1069

  The service did not start due to a logon failure.

So the problem here is one of authentication, pointing back to initial
configuration issues.  But if you got the service started subsequently, I'm
not sure I understand your inquiry here.

--
Larry