This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: fstab mounting fails for some cygwin users
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 11:26:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: fstab mounting fails for some cygwin users
- References: <CAOLO_dCGvbJTjSzfW=JT6+5CkXgXVdrBQ8=3j8kzdQ9kGNYGkQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAOLO_dBaKmtVLW=-NqHpQpwv-q_p6eb=-ffiRp0QuQVL8fZ7iQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Apr 11 17:16, Jeff Avila wrote:
> 18891 59336 [main] ls 3892 symlink_info::check: 0xC0000022 =
> NtCreateFile (\??\UNC\boltzmann\sw)
Here's the problem. Status code 0xC0000022 means "Access denied". I
tried to reproduce your scenario, but for some reason it always works
fine in my environment, even if the user has no permissions at all on
the /sw NFS share.
This is the OS refusing to return a valid handle to the share, it's not
Cygwin. You should try to find out why the user isn't allowed access to
this share in the first place.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple