This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH 64bit] automake 1.13.1-1: Fix config.guess result
- From: Christian Franke <Christian dot Franke at t-online dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 22:16:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 64bit] automake 1.13.1-1: Fix config.guess result
- References: <51679DBD dot 6060404 at t-online dot de> <5167B4A9 dot 7000405 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
On 2013-04-12 00:38, Christian Franke wrote:
Recent config.guess still detects 64bit Cygwin as x86_64-unknown-cygwin.
This should probably be changed (upstream) to be consistent with
This was discussed a short while ago on cygwin-developers.
Sorry for the noise - apparently "Cygwin 64bit triplet" was not part of
my Brain-RegEx used for scanning ML subjects :-)
Bottom line: while we could do so, it would take forever for the
change to "trickle-down" to ordinary packages. It's really no
different from Fedora's use of x86_64-redhat-linux for their toolchain
while config.guess still returns x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. cygport
handles this transparently, so it shouldn't cause any problems.
I agree. This change would have no effect or only a cosmetic effect for
most use cases.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple