This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Issue with binutils-2.23.1-1
- From: Chris Sutcliffe <ir0nh34d at gmail dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 08:54:17 -0400
- Subject: Re: Issue with binutils-2.23.1-1
- References: <CAGHJv4eeEsAoZUz2LOov1q3OKe0ZR5rNvrotLjH5JGadisro+A at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 6 March 2013 08:40, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> I noticed a problem after upgrading to the 2.23.1-1 release of
> binutils that cygport was no longer generating debuginfo files. After
> digging in to it a little and following up on the cygwin-ports mailing
> list, Yaakov determined that the objdump included in the 2.23.1
> release of binutils does not handle the "-l" flag properly. Reverting
> to 2.22.51-2 solved the issue for me and Yaakov confirmed that the
> issue does not exist in CVS HEAD either.
This issue has resurfaced in the 126.96.36.19930309 release of bintuils
currently shipping with Cygwin. My cygport based packages are no
longer producing debuginfo packages.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple