This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Issue with binutils-2.23.1-1
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 15:48:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: Issue with binutils-2.23.1-1
- References: <CAGHJv4eeEsAoZUz2LOov1q3OKe0ZR5rNvrotLjH5JGadisro+A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGHJv4dbEZS52DWXey8+sgmyR1Mp+yK0Q1Dg4LBAx84KMiSiNw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130415132155 dot GC24092 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Apr 15 15:21, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Apr 15 08:54, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > On 6 March 2013 08:40, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> > > I noticed a problem after upgrading to the 2.23.1-1 release of
> > > binutils that cygport was no longer generating debuginfo files. After
> > > digging in to it a little and following up on the cygwin-ports mailing
> > > list, Yaakov determined that the objdump included in the 2.23.1
> > > release of binutils does not handle the "-l" flag properly. Reverting
> > > to 2.22.51-2 solved the issue for me and Yaakov confirmed that the
> > > issue does not exist in CVS HEAD either.
> > This issue has resurfaced in the 184.108.40.20630309 release of bintuils
> > currently shipping with Cygwin. My cygport based packages are no
> > longer producing debuginfo packages.
> Erm... 2.23.52-1 is a 64bit-only package. I created all the debuginfo
> packages with this version. 32 bit is at 2.23.51-1, and I'm pretty
> sure I created the latest OpenSSH packages with that version, including
Oh, hmm. The 2.23.51-1 package actually contains the 220.127.116.1130309
binutils files, so never mind what I wrote.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple