This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Issue with binutils-2.23.1-1
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 10:37:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: Issue with binutils-2.23.1-1
- References: <CAGHJv4eeEsAoZUz2LOov1q3OKe0ZR5rNvrotLjH5JGadisro+A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGHJv4dbEZS52DWXey8+sgmyR1Mp+yK0Q1Dg4LBAx84KMiSiNw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130415132155 dot GC24092 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130415134809 dot GA4639 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 03:48:09PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Apr 15 15:21, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Apr 15 08:54, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> > On 6 March 2013 08:40, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>> > > I noticed a problem after upgrading to the 2.23.1-1 release of
>> > > binutils that cygport was no longer generating debuginfo files. After
>> > > digging in to it a little and following up on the cygwin-ports mailing
>> > > list, Yaakov determined that the objdump included in the 2.23.1
>> > > release of binutils does not handle the "-l" flag properly. Reverting
>> > > to 2.22.51-2 solved the issue for me and Yaakov confirmed that the
>> > > issue does not exist in CVS HEAD either.
>> > This issue has resurfaced in the 188.8.131.5230309 release of bintuils
>> > currently shipping with Cygwin. My cygport based packages are no
>> > longer producing debuginfo packages.
>> Erm... 2.23.52-1 is a 64bit-only package. I created all the debuginfo
>> packages with this version. 32 bit is at 2.23.51-1, and I'm pretty
>> sure I created the latest OpenSSH packages with that version, including
>Oh, hmm. The 2.23.51-1 package actually contains the 184.108.40.20630309
>binutils files, so never mind what I wrote.
Just to be clear: The current 32-bit version of binutils is 2.23.51-1.
It was released to address the problems with objdump introduced by a,
er, "illegal" upload by someone who was confused about binutils
maintainership. There is no 32-bit version named 220.127.116.1130309
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple