This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Debugging totally broken with latest everything?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 13:14:12 -0400
- Subject: Re: Debugging totally broken with latest everything?
- References: <516C24C5 dot 80107 at gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 05:03:17PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
> Some notes on the above:
> The same happens with both the previous version and current snapshot of the
>cygwin dll. It also happens with both current gdb and an old gdb
>22.214.171.12480328-cvs that I have lying around.
> The hw.exe in question is your bog-standard hello world, compiled with "-g
>-O0" using gcc4-4.5.3-3.
> "kill -9" won't kill gdb; I have to use Windows task manager. If I've
>attached gdb to the hung gdb, I can kill it from there using the "k" instruction.
> Anyone else having similar problems?
You're probably seeing a known bug in gdb where it no longer works well
when run from a console window. There is a race where gdb tries to get
tty information from a stopped cygwin process. Although I didn't
introduce the problem, I have tried to fix it from time to time without
Debugging from mintty will probably work better.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple