This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Issue with binutils-2.23.1-1
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 17:32:49 -0500
- Subject: Re: Issue with binutils-2.23.1-1
- References: <CAGHJv4eeEsAoZUz2LOov1q3OKe0ZR5rNvrotLjH5JGadisro+A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGHJv4dbEZS52DWXey8+sgmyR1Mp+yK0Q1Dg4LBAx84KMiSiNw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 2013-04-15 07:54, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
On 6 March 2013 08:40, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
I noticed a problem after upgrading to the 2.23.1-1 release of
binutils that cygport was no longer generating debuginfo files. After
digging in to it a little and following up on the cygwin-ports mailing
list, Yaakov determined that the objdump included in the 2.23.1
release of binutils does not handle the "-l" flag properly. Reverting
to 2.22.51-2 solved the issue for me and Yaakov confirmed that the
issue does not exist in CVS HEAD either.
This issue has resurfaced in the 188.8.131.5230309 release of bintuils
currently shipping with Cygwin. My cygport based packages are no
longer producing debuginfo packages.
WFM. Are you having issues with all packages or just some?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple