This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: expat 2.1.0-1
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: Cygwin-L <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 07:25:34 -0600
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: expat 2.1.0-1
- References: <announce dot 4FD7368F dot 70308 at etr-usa dot com> <51671F38 dot 2080403 at gmail dot com>
On 4/11/2013 14:38, Dave Korn wrote:
The static archive /usr/lib/libexpat.a was present in 2.0.1-1(*) and is
missing in 2.1.0-1(**), was that intentional?
I think I got that, um, "feature" for free when I converted to cygport
for that package. Someone is passing --disable-static to the configure
script, and it isn't me.
I've fixed this with CYGCONF_ARGS="--enable-static" The static library
does now appear in the -devel package.
The .a is about 3x the size of the .dll. Is that normal, or am I
supposed to be stripping the .a before packaging it?
Does someone actually want this static library? I'm going to RFU it
anyway, since I've gone to the trouble of fixing it, but I was curious
if it actually mattered to someone.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple