This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygport autoreconf --force step stomping on perfectly good config.guess file
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: Cygwin-L <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 14:58:45 -0600
- Subject: Re: cygport autoreconf --force step stomping on perfectly good config.guess file
- References: <516D768E dot 5000708 at etr-usa dot com> <516DB094 dot 7020407 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
On 4/16/2013 14:12, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
On 2013-04-16 11:04, Warren Young wrote:
This overwrites the config.guess shipped with SQLite
I cannot reproduce such an error with the 126.96.36.199 tarball, even with
autoconf-2.69 and automake-1.13.1.
Do you mean the offical SQLite "amalgamation" tarball, or are you trying
to rebuild my just-released 188.8.131.52-1 source tarball on 64-bit Cygwin?
My Cygwin 64 installation is fresh as fresh can be. I installed it for
the first time yesterday, specifically because I'd finally gotten around
to trying to build my packages under it. Any chance you've been doing
some tweaks to your installation which I don't have yet?
For now, a workaround is to define WANT_AUTOMAKE=1.10 (or newer),
Thanks, that does indeed fix it.
Thanks also for writing a proper manual. The last time I checked,
Cygport's documentation was limited to the README file. I didn't notice
the manual until I started grepping for WANT_AUTOMAKE in /usr/share/cygport.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple