This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: /usr vanished
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: Septimus Stevens <septimus dot stevens at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 02:33:59 +0400
- Subject: Re: /usr vanished
- References: <CAKGUG_f+jG=N7goZwUCmD=CaLrUVn9sSfeJdLybetnUNY7Gpwg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Septimus Stevens!
> (This is my first post to cygwin. Kudos to cygwin dvelopers -- I've
> been using it for 9 months and am amazed how well it works.)
> But my /usr suddenly disappeared, as though I'd done a 'rm -r /usr'
> but it seems VERY unlikely I typed that. ( /bin and /lib are still
> Any idea how this could happen?
> Suggestions on remedy? Instead of complete reinstall, could someone
> send me or direct me to just a tarball of a "standard" /usr if there
> is such a thing?
There's no such thing, and you should be able to reinstall your cygwin
All the packages you've downloaded through previous setup are stored somewhere
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 22.04.2013, <02:32>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple