This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: /usr vanished
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 07:14:12 -0400
- Subject: Re: /usr vanished
- References: <CAKGUG_f+jG=N7goZwUCmD=CaLrUVn9sSfeJdLybetnUNY7Gpwg at mail dot gmail dot com> <loom dot 20130422T104419-639 at post dot gmane dot org>
On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 4:47 AM, Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:
> Septimus Stevens <septimus.stevens <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> But my /usr suddenly disappeared, as though I'd done a 'rm -r /usr'
>> but it seems VERY unlikely I typed that. ( /bin and /lib are still
>> Any idea how this could happen?
> You might have had it marked in Explorer when deleting something else, or
> you might have moved it inadvertently.
Or something in /etc/fstab? The /usr/bin and /usr/lib are auto
mounted based on where cygwin1.dll resides.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple