This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: /usr vanished
- From: Septimus Stevens <septimus dot stevens at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 18:19:07 +0700
- Subject: Re: /usr vanished
- References: <CAKGUG_f+jG=N7goZwUCmD=CaLrUVn9sSfeJdLybetnUNY7Gpwg at mail dot gmail dot com>
I think I now know how /usr vanished. While doing something with
/cygwin via Windows, a faulty mouse motion moved /cygwin/usr to
another directory under /cywin/c . /usr was still there but invisible
to me. (I should have run a giant 'find' or such to locate it, but
I found the hidden /usr *only after downloading /cygin from scratch*.
Because I backed up (or rather just renamed the old /cygwin to be
/cyglose ) I now have the choice of which download to use!
If I can complain a little, I found the download defaults to be
faulty. Tiny standard packages like 'bc', 'more' and some others
should be loaded by default.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple