Re: Errors compiling xemacs

On Apr 23 11:39, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
>     >> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.5.3/../../../../include/w32api/rpcdce.h:142:88: error: expected ';', ',' or ')' before 'int'
>
>     > The last time you compiled xemacs was with the mingw.org-based w32api
>     > headers, right?
>
> Yes
>
>     > The failing line is
>
>     >   typedef void __RPC_API RPC_OBJECT_INQ_FN(UUID *ObjectUuid,UUID *TypeUuid,RPC_STATUS *Status);
>
>     > Is there a chance that one of these types or variable names are already
>     > defined by the emacs source code?
>

> In src/syswindows.h from xemacs source I see:
>
> #ifdef HAVE_X_WINDOWS
> #define Status int
> #endif

You can workaround that by changing the include order, or you could
redefine Status while including the windows headers.  Or you could
try to convert the above to a typedef.

Other than that, in theory the windows headers should not use variable
like this without underscoring them, as in

  typedef void __RPC_API RPC_OBJECT_INQ_FN(UUID *__ObjectUuid,UUID *__TypeUuid,RPC_STATUS *__Status);

to avoid such clashes, but that requires some heavy patching of the
upstream header files.  While desirable, nothing for short-term...

Corinna

Red Hat