This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fresh Cygwin-64 instal reports post-install errors for bash
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 18:03:08 +0400
- Subject: Re: Fresh Cygwin-64 instal reports post-install errors for bash
- References: <5F8AAC04F9616747BC4CC0E803D5907D0AF6C605 at MLBXv04 dot nih dot gov> <20130423084441 dot GB29717 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!
> The above happens when /dev doesn't exist on the filesystem. I didn't
> get this error in my three test installations. Usually /dev is generated
> by the 000-cygwin-post-install.sh postinstall script, since it also
> has to create the /dev/smh and /dev/mqueue subdirs. I don't know why
> it failed for you, though.
Probably, for some weird reason, the 000-post-install was not run before other
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 23.04.2013, <18:02>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple