This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Redefinition of `struct in6_addr'?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 19:51:07 +0200
- Subject: Re: Redefinition of `struct in6_addr'?
- References: <CAEE3Wrm8MwsN2MMNTRGdLgJvSHPnusJN-TXZrJFL-26BtrW_ng at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130424154409 dot GX26397 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAEE3Wrm4iARi33g3gOqfbyJ_Jwc6phQ8xNZSQ6=Cknj-bUQ1-g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CE9C056E12502146A72FD81290379E9A6095C4FA at ENFIRHMBX1 dot datcon dot co dot uk> <CAEE3Wr=cDmAKuJ5rDK0wYoW9hVYzdfTnXCvjVMUhe0qgC4kzGA at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Apr 24 19:26, Max Balduino wrote:
> > I'm trying to compile an app, that's why I was posting on cygwin-apps
> > AT cygwin DOT com. You can find it at
> > http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~massar/vpnc/ it's a cisco-compatible vpn
> > client.
> > I'm not sure what did you mean "a simple testcase would be helpful"?
A simple testcase is usually a shot and simple, self-contained,
out-of-the-box compilable test application, preferredly in plain C,
which allows to reproduce the issue.
> > As of the complete gcc error dump, here it also is:
> > userwinemt@ioxp /usr/src/vpnc-0.5.3
> > $ make install
> > gcc -O3 -g -W -Wall -Wmissing-declarations -Wwrite-strings
> > -DVERSION=\"0.5.3\" -c -o sysdep.o sysdep.c
> > In file included from /usr/include/cygwin/in.h:267:0,
> > from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:14,
> > from sysdep.h:23,
> > from sysdep.c:71:
> > /usr/include/cygwin/in6.h:75:8: error: redefinition of âstruct in6_addrâ
> > /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.5.3/../../../../include/w32api/in6addr.h:17:16:
> > note: originally defined here
> > In file included from sysdep.h:31:0,
> > from sysdep.c:71:
> > config.h:131:83: warning: âstruct debug_stringsâ declared inside parameter list
> > config.h:131:83: warning: its scope is only this definition or
> > declaration, which is probably not what you want
Don't know this file but this is a bug in config.h. struct in6_addr
is defined in a system header, so it should not be gratuitously defined
in a project header, especially if the definition collides with the
right one from the system header.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple