This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: can't connect to sshd on Vista
- From: Rick McCombs AD5DU <rick dot mccombs at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 21:44:15 -0500
- Subject: Re: can't connect to sshd on Vista
- References: <CAHaX4OVLjeQH4h1iQjQS8mrXjbvrGbuGAF8qD28ae1sWpVDpyQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAHaX4OVTKB1YL-UeZcs1mTkknzmTRL6PCjFxje-bGfGpJWopsQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <517AA95F dot 2050609 at cygwin dot com>
On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Larry Hall THIS THING SURE LIKE TO
BOUNCE MY MESSAGES wrote:
> On 4/26/2013 12:48 AM, Rick McCombs AD5DU wrote:
> It's possible while attempting to get this working that you've
> inadvertently gotten permissions set improperly in various
> directories and files that sshd uses. This is why we're usually
> very critical of using external resources to install and configure
> sshd. I recommend going through the ssh-host-config and ssh-user-config
> scripts to make sure that all the files and directories they configure do
> exist and that the permissions are set properly. Closed connections
> are often caused by things like permission problems.
I used external info because the User guide didn't say how to do it.
I have it working now but I tried about 3 times to send this message.
I use gmail I don't my mail I may future but don't want to use another
mail client and dowload my mail right now
I dual boot Slackware on this box but I was especially
wanted to try cgywin on the XP computer. It my dads he doesn't use much
since he got a laptop. but I don't think he would let me put linux on it.
As hard as it is to reply to this list I'm about to forget the whole thing.
Amateur Radio AD5DU.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple