This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: CreateSymbolicLinkW needed
- From: Denis Excoffier <cygwin at Denis-Excoffier dot org>
- To: JonY <10walls at gmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 21:57:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: CreateSymbolicLinkW needed
- References: <4ac56ac71a2d4993e0fa2a7caece8315 at denis-excoffier dot org> <517E46BC dot 7080300 at gmail dot com>
On 2013-04-29 12:09, JonY wrote:
> On 4/29/2013 14:40, Denis Excoffier wrote:
>> I tried the 20130424 snapshot and obtained the following Windows message
>> (in pop-up and translated from french):
>> bash: CreateSymbolicLinkW not found in KERNEL32.DLL
>> Therefore, i keep the plain 1.7.18 running:
>> % cat /proc/version
>> CYGWIN_NT-5.1 version 1.7.18(0.263/5/3) (email@example.com)
>> (gcc version 4.5.3 20110428 (Fedora Cygwin 4.5.3-4) (GCC) ) 2013-04-19
> This symbol is not available on XP, only in Vista or later. What command
> are you using to trigger it?
The pop-up is produced even before login, presumably during the load of
"bash --login -i" (but i also have /bin/bash in /etc/passwd, so this may also
be the reason).
I don't understand why a symlink is created during login, but in any case,
one can observe that CreateSymbolicLinkW was introduced in path.cc
during http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-cvs/2013-q2/msg00046.html, that occurred
immediately before the snapshot.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple