This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Stack Overflow versus the Cygwin mailing lists (Was: prefork error : couldn't create pipe process trackerWin32 error 161)
- From: Tim Prince <n8tm at aol dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 16:36:44 -0400
- Subject: Re: Stack Overflow versus the Cygwin mailing lists (Was: prefork error : couldn't create pipe process trackerWin32 error 161)
- References: <CE9C056E12502146A72FD81290379E9A60973887 at ENFIRHMBX1 dot datcon dot co dot uk> <20130429172649 dot GA3682 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <517ED7F7 dot 1070207 at etr-usa dot com>
- Reply-to: tprince at computer dot org
On 04/29/2013 04:28 PM, Warren Young wrote:
Then please keep SO and its public posts off the search engines. If the
people with rep there are intent on misleading outsiders, it's not the
thing to replace other resources.
On 4/29/2013 11:26, Christopher Faylor wrote:
The net is full of bad and outdated advice about Cygwin.
Stack Overflow gives you the tools to fix that. Post comments, post
better answers, edit incorrect answers, downvote bad answers, vote to
delete unhelpful answers, and gain reputation to get moderator fu.
Mailing lists give you only some of those abilities, and the powers
that do exist are weaker here:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple