This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: CreateSymbolicLinkW needed
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 21:50:58 -0400
- Subject: Re: CreateSymbolicLinkW needed
- References: <4ac56ac71a2d4993e0fa2a7caece8315 at denis-excoffier dot org> <517E46BC dot 7080300 at gmail dot com> <49719136-EC1C-4507-83E6-CB2B071D5885 at Denis-Excoffier dot org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 09:57:47PM +0200, Denis Excoffier wrote:
>On 2013-04-29 12:09, JonY wrote:
>> On 4/29/2013 14:40, Denis Excoffier wrote:
>>> I tried the 20130424 snapshot and obtained the following Windows message
>>> (in pop-up and translated from french):
>>> bash: CreateSymbolicLinkW not found in KERNEL32.DLL
>>> Therefore, i keep the plain 1.7.18 running:
>>> % cat /proc/version
>>> CYGWIN_NT-5.1 version 1.7.18(0.263/5/3) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
>>> (gcc version 4.5.3 20110428 (Fedora Cygwin 4.5.3-4) (GCC) ) 2013-04-19
>> This symbol is not available on XP, only in Vista or later. What command
>> are you using to trigger it?
>The pop-up is produced even before login, presumably during the load of
>"bash --login -i" (but i also have /bin/bash in /etc/passwd, so this may also
>be the reason).
I think there was a typo introduced when Corinna made her native symlinks
change. I just uploaded a new snapshot which should fix the problem.
Can you confirm?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple