This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: CreateSymbolicLinkW needed
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: JonY <10walls at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 17:16:52 +0400
- Subject: Re: CreateSymbolicLinkW needed
- References: <4ac56ac71a2d4993e0fa2a7caece8315 at denis-excoffier dot org> <517E46BC dot 7080300 at gmail dot com> <49719136-EC1C-4507-83E6-CB2B071D5885 at Denis-Excoffier dot org> <517EF51C dot 8060809 at gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
>> The pop-up is produced even before login, presumably during the load of
>> "bash --login -i" (but i also have /bin/bash in /etc/passwd, so this may also
>> be the reason).
>> I don't understand why a symlink is created during login, but in any case,
>> one can observe that CreateSymbolicLinkW was introduced in path.cc
>> during http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-cvs/2013-q2/msg00046.html, that occurred
>> immediately before the snapshot.
> A symlink is not necessarily created, the PE symbols are resolved at
> start up and it is missing in your system. There is little you can do
> about it.
> Yes, it was a recent change, Corinna will have to fix that if XP is to
> be supported.
Far Manager don't have this issue, even though it support whole range of links
for all Windows flavors.
Said that, it IS possible to create a symbolic link to a file in Windows XP,
even though you can't access it afterward.
@Denis, do you have your XP box fully updated?
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 30.04.2013, <17:14>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple