This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
setup incorrectly(?) reports "first time you've installed Cygwin 1.7.x."
- From: James Cook <james dot cook at bluewin dot ch>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 16:58:45 +0200
- Subject: setup incorrectly(?) reports "first time you've installed Cygwin 1.7.x."
- References: <1367332638 dot 2311 dot ezmlm at cygwin dot com>
I didn't find this in the mailing list archive - apologies if I missed
I have W8 install:
$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-6.2-WOW64 Z21 1.7.17(0.262/5/3) 2012-10-19 14:39 i686 Cygwin
Installed on or around 22 to 27.3.2013.
Doing a setup.exe today - to get some extra packages - I keep getting:
This is the first time you've installed Cygwin 1.7.x.
Please be advised that this is a major release.
If you have not done so already, please check out
the documentation at http://cygwin.com/ to see how
the upgrade could potentially affect any existing
If this is the first time you've installed Cygwin on
this system then you can ignore this message.
Which I've then been cancelling.
Is it safe to continue despite the fact that 1.7.17 is already
I've tried a number of different mirrors - all with the same result.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple