This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: python 2.7 module binascii not found
- From: Omar Balbuena <balbuena at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 14:41:09 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: python 2.7 module binascii not found
- References: <1366915154 dot 30024 dot 140661222747690 dot 431B8740 at webmail dot messagingengine dot com> <517ADBA6 dot 8090407 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
Yaakov (Cygwin/X <yselkowitz <at> users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> On 2013-04-25 13:39, lothar atheling wrote:
> > i have newly installed cygwin python 2.7 (python-2.7.3-1) where i
> > formerly used python 2.6.5.
> > my programs with "import urllib" now crash.
> > module urllib wants module base64 which wants module binascii.
> > there is no /usr/lib/python2.7/binascii.py
> > but there is /usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/binascii.dll
> > what can i do to fix this?
> The binascii module depends on zlib but, according to your cygcheck
> output, you do not have it installed. Re-run setup.exe, choose the
> Install from Internet option, and allow it to install all missing
I do have zlib installed and I have the same problem.
zlib 1.2.8-1 OK
zlib-devel 1.2.8-1 OK
Empty package zlib0
zlib0 1.2.8-1 OK
Python 2.7.3 (default, Dec 18 2012, 13:50:09)
[GCC 4.5.3] on cygwin
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import binascii
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No such file or directory
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple