This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 1.7.19
- From: Shaddy Baddah <lithium-cygwin at shaddybaddah dot name>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 01:02:34 +1000
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 1.7.19
- References: <announce dot 20130605093949 dot GA3250 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 2013-06-05 19:39+1000, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
I just released Cygwin 1.7.19.
- Drop support for Windows 2000 and Windows XP pre-SP3.
I find this change interesting. In no way am I complaining about this,
releases matching the above are well past end-of-life anyway.
But I am curious about the technical reason (and perhaps discussion)
that ruled Win 2K out.
I vaguely remember an issue with a broken reference to a W suffixed API
call in the DLL in the past month or two. Was that it?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple