This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Attn: Yaakov [Was: Re: cygutils Postinstall Script Errors With Exit Code 128]
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 11:47:21 -0500
- Subject: Re: Attn: Yaakov [Was: Re: cygutils Postinstall Script Errors With Exit Code 128]
- References: <CAHiT=DFj=y4PS5d_mj0erWpB-uCieE+KWh3T=J4wnuSOij5hJA at mail dot gmail dot com> <51A684AA dot 2060904 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm> <51A6948B dot 3000807 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <20130530090831 dot GK4471 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51A7BB7F dot 3010001 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm> <20130531083445 dot GA30659 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 2013-05-31 03:34, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On May 30 16:50, Charles Wilson wrote:
If we want to include (some subset of) cygutils explicitly in Base,
I could see splitting into three subpackages:
cygdrop cygstart lpr mkshortcut readshortcut winln
What about "cygstart mkshortcut readshortcut"? These may be used by
postinstall scripts, the other stuff is extra, afaics.
cygutils-extra (Util): [requires: cygutils]
almost everything else, including documentation and man
pages (even for the exe's in the Base package)
IMO man1 pages should be packaged together with their executables.
cygutils-x11 (X11): [requires: cygutils]
the two desktop files, and the postinstall scripts that
This way, any package that currently requires: cygutils will almost
certainly get the tool it is looking for, without having to change
its requires line (and besides, if cygutils is in Base you'd get
So, as result, we should do this for a start:
- cygwin-doc drops "Base" from the categories.
- dos2unix adds "Base" to the categories.
- cygutils drops "dos2unix" from requires.
And additionally you propose the above change to cygutils. Sounds good
to me. Yaakov?
The man3 and info pages definitely don't need to be in Base, but it
would be nice if the man1 pages were packaged with cygwin. Is that
possible? Otherwise, this sounds good to me.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple