This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ASLR breaks cygwin
- From: Dan Kegel <dank at kegel dot com>
- To: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Rosen Penev <rosenp at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 09:52:00 -0700
- Subject: Re: ASLR breaks cygwin
- References: <51B0B1F2 dot 4090402 at gmail dot com> <75109671 dot 20130606204049 at mtu-net dot ru>
On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Andrey Repin <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Microsoft has a utility called EMET which allows ASLR to be forced on
>> for each and every process(AlwaysOn) . Unfortunately, this breaks
> This is to be expected, due to the very definition of Cygwin.
I wonder if we could get them to recognize the parent-child
relationship somehow, and keep the same address space
in the child.
Just kidding. Hell would sooner freeze over.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple