This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: resuming backgrounded job causes hang (Cygwin 1.7.19 / Dothan 1.7GHz)
- From: "Seb.Th" <cygwin_ml at noprivatereply dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 18:53:13 +0200
- Subject: Re: resuming backgrounded job causes hang (Cygwin 1.7.19 / Dothan 1.7GHz)
- References: <CANi_VVc45nC55fKpCriAp6=VE+4CUvASi6Ks2nFrQ=tLktSzXg at mail dot gmail dot com> <51B05080 dot 3030106 at noprivatereply dot com> <20130606110210 dot GA13320 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130606155200 dot GC13320 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin_ml at noprivatereply dot com
Le 06/06/2013 17:52, Corinna Vinschen a Ãcrit :
Ok, I found the reason for this behaviour. There was a potential
starvation problem which really only got hold on single-CPU/single
core systems. Two threads were locking a mutex and waiting for each
other. The one thread which could have resolved the problem never got
CPU time due to the locking mechanism and an extremly tight window in
which the other thread unlocked the mutex.
I fixed the problem in CVS and I've just created a new 2013-06-06 32 bit
developer snapshot, which you can find on http://cygwin.com/snapshots/,
as well as a 64 bit DLL 1.7.20-1 which I uploaded as part of the 64 bit
Please test and send feedback.
2013-06-06 32 bit snapshot successfully tested here (Win XP SP3).
mc, lftp, bash scripts subshell : OK.
All went fine, no more freeze.
Many thanks !
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple