This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: resuming backgrounded job causes hang (Cygwin 1.7.19 / Dothan 1.7GHz)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 19:27:50 +0200
- Subject: Re: resuming backgrounded job causes hang (Cygwin 1.7.19 / Dothan 1.7GHz)
- References: <CANi_VVc45nC55fKpCriAp6=VE+4CUvASi6Ks2nFrQ=tLktSzXg at mail dot gmail dot com> <51B05080 dot 3030106 at noprivatereply dot com> <20130606110210 dot GA13320 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130606155200 dot GC13320 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51B0BE79 dot 1020407 at noprivatereply dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jun 6 18:53, Seb.Th wrote:
> Le 06/06/2013 17:52, Corinna Vinschen a Ãcrit :
> >Ok, I found the reason for this behaviour. There was a potential
> >starvation problem which really only got hold on single-CPU/single
> >core systems. Two threads were locking a mutex and waiting for each
> >other. The one thread which could have resolved the problem never got
> >CPU time due to the locking mechanism and an extremly tight window in
> >which the other thread unlocked the mutex.
> >I fixed the problem in CVS and I've just created a new 2013-06-06 32 bit
> >developer snapshot, which you can find on http://cygwin.com/snapshots/,
> >as well as a 64 bit DLL 1.7.20-1 which I uploaded as part of the 64 bit
> >test distro.
> >Please test and send feedback.
> 2013-06-06 32 bit snapshot successfully tested here (Win XP SP3).
> mc, lftp, bash scripts subshell : OK.
> All went fine, no more freeze.
> Many thanks !
Thanks for the feedback!
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple