This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 1.7.19
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 13:40:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 1.7.19
- References: <announce dot 20130605093949 dot GA3250 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51AF530A dot 7080306 at shaddybaddah dot name> <20130605162825 dot GC3250 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CADSoG1u0101m66SbQbNPfW-J4B4o66EyQey2fdrWGy_Bya+1dg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jun 7 12:00, Nick Lowe wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
> I notice you are still reading in obcaseinsensitive in cygcheck.cc but
> this value is no longer used in Cygwin as you have dropped Windows
> 2000 support.
> Would it make sense to change the code there to show the actual state
> of case sensitivity?
You have that upside down. The obcaseinsensitive registry key has been
introduced with Windows XP, and it's set to 1 by default, unfortunately.
So it's important to know this value starting with XP. Windows 2000 was
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple